My search for the perfect liquid liner!

09:13

My Search For The Perfect Liquid Liner

Ever since I was 14, winged liner has always been a massive love of mine. 
Through the years I've gone through liner that makes me look like a panda after a few hours, seems to disappear near the inside of my eye, makes my eyes super itchy and even some I couldn't get off with a brillo pad. I tried loads of different types of liner, but gel liner makes my eyes feel itchy and for everyday wear I don't really want to be messing around with a brush and a pot. 

After a while, I found the 'Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liner'. This thing used to cost me £2.50 from Superdrug and would stay on all day without any smudging. It was perfect for everyday wear and didn't run out quickly, I could use it for a couple of months everyday and have no issues. The only pet peeve I had was that the brush itself was pretty thick, so I always used to struggle putting a point on the end of my liner. So, the search for my perfect one was definitely still an ongoing quest. 


My (expensive) New Love 


Earlier this year I went to Florida, and while I was there I invested in a lot of the Kat Von D range for Sephora. And I mean a lot. Among these, I bought the Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid liner. I was absolutely obsessed with it for weeks! it didn't smudge, the end was really thinly pointed so I could get the perfect point every time and it didn't irritate my eyes at all like gel liner does. 

So I came home to Manchester and a couple months passed, before I realised how expensive it is to buy it in the UK! it was costing me £20 minimum to buy it over here, and that's without P&P. Now, I admittedly spend a lot of money on makeup, but for something that didn't last that long and I could buy the collection 2000 liner for a tenth of the price...I wasn't sold. And so my quest carried on, buying fairly cheap high street brands of eyeliner until I found one I liked. 

My (affordable) New Love


I came across Maybelline's Master Precise Liner in black. The end seemed really thin, it seemed quite a large size and it was only £5.99 from Superdrug. I immediately bought it and brought it home. 

Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner

After wearing this everyday, I can honestly say I like it just as much (if not more!) than the Kat Von D liner, and it's a third of the price. I can create really pointed angles with it, and it goes on super dark. Here is a quick picture to show how well it goes on, it took me about 10 seconds to draw it on and it lasted all day! (ignore my eyebrows and general other makeup, it had been a long day). 

Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner

And that's where I'm up to on my journey! I'm currently loving this liner, I definitely recommend it if you're after a strong point like me and want something you can use daily, without paying a big price tag :) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments